Saturday 20th October - Victoria Park to King George V Park!
This will be a short guided ride from Victoria Park to King George V Play Park and back. The route is completely off-road, making use of the shared use paths of the National Cycle Network, namely NCR-75. The surface is smooth tarmac with some gentle inclines.
11:00 – 13:30 (approximately 2.5 hours with stops)
2.6 miles / 4.2 km
This ride is suitable for riders of all abilities.
We will meet next to Victoria Park Children's Play Area at 11am. Join me for a pre-ride coffee if at Jac's Coffee van if you arrive early.
From here we will cycle north-west along local cycle route 14, connecting with the Hawthornvale Path westbound. After a short time on this path we will turn left onto the Goldenacre Path (local route 13) and follow this south until King George V Park. Here we will stop for around an hour to give the kids a chance to enjoy the play park before heading back to Victoria Park along NCR-75, returning for around 1.30pm.
|View through Rodney Street Tunnel towards King George V Park.|
- Check that your bike is safe to ride before the event. While we will have some tools with us for fixing minor problems on the journey, we would like to get going quickly!
- Brakes! Make sure that both your brakes are functioning well.
- Gears! Check that your gears are changing easily.
- Saddle! At a comfortable height to ride with.
- Bring a few pennies for a snack or a coffee if it takes your fancy!
We appreciate that not everyone likes getting wet! If the weather is a factor that you would like to consider, you can follow the links below:
Please sign up to this event through our Eventbrite page. This helps to give us an idea of the numbers of people interested in our rides.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at
We look forward to seeing you there!